Thursday, February 17, 2022

Blog Post 1- Coming of Age Genre (The Letters)

The first step to creating my film opening was to come up with a genre. I really wanted to do a coming-of-age story that introduced the characters, created some intrigue and curiosity, and left the audience guessing what would happen next. It was extremely difficult in selecting my story idea since I didn't want to sound cliche. In my heart, I wanted it to feel like an original piece of filmmaking but also respect the techniques of films that came before mine. It is important that my audience feels a sense of connection with the character as those types of films make people feel like they have a friend by their side. It's called relatability! 






Another important aspect of my genre/theme is that the audience is taken on a step-by-step ride leading to a conclusion that will not yet be revealed. In this journey, the audience will feel a sense of empathy, mystery, and a sense of satisfaction as the story slowly unfolds. It is important that my opening is not anti-climatic and gives my audience a visceral experience. In my next blog, we'll be discussing the characters of my genre including the heroin and the protagonist. Until next time folks! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Film Opening!!!

 I can't believe I am finally done! Thank you for coming along on my journey as I slowly blossomed into a better filmaker! I'll see ...