Friday, February 18, 2022

Blog Post- 2 Characters

Hello there, blog! In my previous blog, I introduced my genre, which revolves around a Coming-of-Age narrative. You may have spotted two photographs with letters on my last blog, which may have sparked curiosity. "The Letters" is the title of my short film. The reason I chose to do a Coming-of-Age film opening and titled it "The Letters" is that letters are an outdated form of communication for people my age due to social media, texting, and calling. 


I made a decision to do a mood board to show my character's personality traits (shown in the pictures below). My first character is an anonymous artsy persona who enjoys reading poetry and loves the color pink. She enjoys writing in calligraphy and likes to make her letters aesthetically pleasing to the eye. She also likes to make healthy meals such as salads and smooth bowls and loves to eat waffles in the morning along with her lavender tea. She is mostly motivated by all aesthetically pleasing things, including her choice of men. Yes. She is somewhat shy and timid but occasionally surprises with a bolder side. 



The next character is the protagonist in my opening film, which goes by the name Matt but whose full name is Matthew. He wears glasses, is generally considered good-looking, and has blue eyes and brown hair. Matt comes from a well-to-do family and is used to getting what he wants except the love of another woman. He loves to read books, especially topics related to romance. Matt is quite educated, and his parents aspire him to go to an IVY League College. His parents are strict and tend to be very controlling. He had gone through a series of heartbreaks which has caused him to lose his trust in women. 




In my next blog, I will discuss the plot aspects of my film opening. Until next time! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Film Opening!!!

 I can't believe I am finally done! Thank you for coming along on my journey as I slowly blossomed into a better filmaker! I'll see ...