Thursday, March 3, 2022

Blog Post-9 Reflection of Production Process

 Good evening, blog! It's week four of the process of creating the film opening. On this blog I want to reflect on the production process for my opening of "The Letters." If I'm being honest, it's been going better than I expected. I have successfully come up with great ideas for my film opening, which could potentially change during the next few weeks. It is important that I stay on top of my work and make sure to continue planning for upcoming tasks I will need to complete. Yes, there have been some issues with making decisions but other than that I have made the progress I was hoping for! 


In my initial creative thoughts for my short film, I felt like a Coming of Age piece would touch all the bases as far as demographically. I then had to brainstorm ideas for how to shoot the film, my location, and who would be the characters. I really wanted something simple where I could utilize my camera on my phone, a simple software like Canva, and an area where the lighting could be complimentary to the vibe of the film. I ended up choosing my own house, which has some lighter/ warm tone hues and shades and colors that would set the tone of my piece. There is so much more to do, including shooting B-roll and possible voiceovers and making sure my script is compelling. Sometimes you don't really know until the pre-production bleeds into production. I don't anticipate too many issues at this point.









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Film Opening!!!

 I can't believe I am finally done! Thank you for coming along on my journey as I slowly blossomed into a better filmaker! I'll see ...